热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 280|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Prologue I : Stories about the Law of Event(s) upon Event

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2023-4-3 10:11:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Many readers felt it novel and abstruse after reading Part Ten, particularly after they got to know the author is an atheist. The eagerness to pacify the doubts of the readers combined with the "mutation" occurred within the author constituted the motive behind writing this book.

When I finished Part One "Introduction to the Law of Event(s) upon Event: a Spiritual Tranquillizer", I felt a change within myself, experiencing much of what is described in Part Eight "Notes on the World of Inner Wisdom". In the meantime, I sensed a psychological "mutation". What "mutation" ? Only I myself know so clearly. For instance, doubts and suspicions about colleagues and friends suddenly disappeared; no longer did I resent those who had betrayed me; anger diminished; attractions from the opposite sex reduced (not impotent). To seek for an answer to the cause of this "mutation", I began to read books on religions and asked advice from friends. In the end, I came to the conclusion: What is described in those books is identical to my own experience. I have made clear such things as, the world of inner wisdom and the light and sound from this world, the soul and its departure from the body, all of which are respectively acknowledged by Buddhism, Islam and Christianity.

As for psychological mutation, I turned to Buddhist scriptures for evidence. To my surprise, its detailed description conform to my own experience. In these scriptures, an individual's psychological changes at different stages are classified and nominated as: ordinary follower ( zhong-sheng 众生), believer ( xin-tu 信徒), the lesser vehicle ( xiao-cheng小乘 ), the middle vehicle ( zhong-cheng中乘 ), the higher vehicle ( da-cheng 大乘), monk ( seng-jia 僧伽) , Da'mor ( da-mor达摩 ) and Buddha ( fo 佛), and etcs. And in my opinion, it is "The Philosophy of the Teachings of Islam" that described these psychological changes in simple terms. The author H. M. Ghulam Ahmad, based on his own understanding of the Koran held that the psychological changes have three different states. If a person can always be at ease with his food, clothing and temperament, he is at the natural state. When he is able to take a rational attitude towards the world and is able to control his natural state behaviour, he has entered the moral state. The third is called spiritual state, when a person reaches this state he becomes a complete different being from his previous self. "At this time, nature and habits, experience a complete transformation and the person is drawn far away from his previous condition."

"He remains in this situation for a period and when the appointed time comes, a light descends upon him at night or during the day which possesses divine power. With the descent of that light, he undergoes a wonderful change and he perceives the control of a hidden hand, and beholds a wonderful world. At that time, he realizes that God exists and his eyes are filled with a light which they did not possess before."

Having understood what Islam referred to as the spiritual state, I felt quite sure I am right in this state. Such a state is what Buddhism described as enlightenment, which all of its believers seek after. I was enlightened, perhaps for my understanding of the Law of Event(s) upon Event (LEE), or for the kindness of God? I always believe LEE can enable me a peaceful mind, I did not expect I could reach the state of enlightenment along the course of understanding LEE and putting it into words. Perhaps, this is the will of God.

In terms of mutation it is true that there is such a phenomenon in biology. Mutation may happen to the minute genes, viruses, organs and the whole body. The discovery of new strain of diseases, such as malaria, venereal disease, the flu, and cancer, are all linked to mutation. The emergence of white crow, white crocodile and white tiger, is also due to the mutation of genes. Then, can such mutations occur to human beings? Will the inner wisdom undergo a sort of mutation when affected by the outside world? Perhaps we may turn to future medical science and LEE for a definite answer.

As for myself, I can hardly explain the mutation which has occurred to me. I therefore once confided my feelings to friends and a master at his temple, that perhaps God kindled the mutation in me simply by mistake. Anyway, I feel like a completely different person now, as if I was doing the holy job of a priest at a monastery or church. Still I am unable to adjust myself to the sequelae induced by this mutation, because what I had done and my thoughts in the past suddenly seem to be wrong. Although I tried hard to modify the usual norms of behaviour, with regard to family members, friends and relatives, I still do not feel quite myself. Perplexed and at a loss, I wrote Part Ten "The Cosmic Game". If it is LEE that has enlightened me, Heaven must then modify its admission qualifications to let me in. In such a case, the "idiotic somniloquy" may come true.

Religions always discourage the believers to exchange personal 'experiences', fearing that they might get too indulged. Hence, "Keeping the personal 'experience' to oneself" has become a regulation. However, such a practice may make the personal experience even more mysterious. As a result, others have no way to share your feelings, and even you yourself do not know whether it is right or wrong. Unconstrained by this regulation, I disclosed my own experience in "Notes on the World of Inner Wisdom". Abstruse and mythical it may seem to be, the detailed descriptions are all based on my own experience, thus true to fact. In my opinion, we must publicize our own experiences so as to disclose the mysteries of the world of human inner wisdom.

With intention to collect such information, I wrote down my address at the end of Part Eight. With an expertise in marketing, I know clearly how to promote sales of a new product. First of all, you must make sure that the product itself is sound and perfect. Second, you need feedback from the customers. LEE, in marketing terms is also a new product. To ensure sufficient feedback, every time I finish writing, I would distribute and hold discussions or seminars among friends. Inspired by the feedback, I wrote "How to Use LEE", "The Origin of LEE", and "What is LEE" in which I further explained what seemed to be ambiguous and misleading. As for "A Map of Heaven and Earth", my intention lies in arousing the interests of scientists in possible research into the soul and brain and eventually uncover the relations among Heaven, Earth and man.

The inspiration for "The Benefits of Spiritual Tranquillity" comes from my former teacher Dr. Zhang Jiaosheng, who, besides pointing out the weaknesses of my writings, also expressed his own views on the benefits of a peaceful mind. He suggested that tranquillity helps to restore the extraordinary abilities as possessed by the ancients. For instance, the ancients could forecast the coming of a rain or storm; they could also foretell the coming of a visitor. Inspired by Dr. Zhang's insights, I wrote "The Benefits of Spiritual Tranquillity", and not without logic.

Dear friends, whatever reflections you have on this book, I hope you will also benefit from reading it.

Jan 94
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|《两极哲理》机构 ( Singapore Registration No: 52903526W )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 09:10 , Processed in 0.040038 second(s), 15 queries .